Car Insurance for Diplomats: Make Sure You Have Adequate Coverage

When it comes to car insurance for diplomats most people are not sure what coverage they should have. There are many options available on the market and each company requires a different level of coverage. However, there are options available if you plan ahead for your cheaper car insurance quotes for diplomats. Whether you are in Georgia, New Your or California, check now to get quotes.

Learn Your Requirements First

First you need to know how long you will be in a foreign country. Man companies will offer temporary international coverage as part of your normal policy for thirty days .However, if your stay will be for a longer period of time you will need a new policy.

You can buy a Georgia insurance policy from your current company. Or you can try a new company from any State to see if you get better rates. Search online using your current zip code to find insurance companies that cover residents of your area.

Business VS Holiday

Most companies offering car insurance for diplomats will need to know whether you are traveling for business or pleasure. Rates are generally cheaper if you are traveling to another country on vacation. However, diplomats that are traveling for business may pay more.

In some companies diplomats are the target for thefts, vehicle damage, or attack. If you are traveling to one of these countries, you will more than likely have higher insurance rates. However, you may get a government discount for being a diplomat.

Government Discounts

Many companies cater to government officials and employees when offering insurance. In fact, there are many companies that offer car insurance for diplomats specifically. You may want to ask around your office to see if there is a specific company that is recommended. However, you can simply obtain quotes and then see if the company will give you a discount for being a diplomat. Most companies will offer you some type of discount for being part of the large coverage group.

Obtaining the Correct Paperwork

Some countries require that you carry a green card when traveling in their area. A green card details the coverage offered by your company and the limits you have in coverage. You may also need an international driver’s license to operate a vehicle in some countries. This license will provide you with the rights to drive in the countries listed. You also need to verify whether or not you need to carry your car’s registration paperwork inside the car. Some countries require this and some don’t.

Roadside Assistance and Rental Cars

If you are traveling in another country you should make sure that your insurance offers road side assistance and rentals cars. After all when you are traveling in another country you don’t want to be stranded on the side of the road. Also, if you are in an accident you definitely need a rental car. When you are traveling on business there is no time to wait in the hotel for your car to be fixed. Most companies that offer car insurance for diplomats will offer these services.

Share This: