There are many reasons why a licensed driver could be faced with finding affordable car insurance for restricted drivers. Some instances could be do to age, or excessive traffic violations and tickets. But no matter what the reason for a persona driving restrictions, having car insurance is the law.
Restricted Court Ordered Driving Privileges
This driving restriction is normally ordered by the state or county, in which an individual resides. In most instances this driving restriction is ordered due to excessive violations, and normally allows a driver to drive to and from work. Finding cheaper car insurance for restricted drivers may seem overwhelming, but there are many insurance companies that specialize in this type of insurance policy. A good way to find information about insurance for restricted drivers is by searching the internet.
Elderly Restrictions and Cheap Car Insurance Quotes
For elderly drivers, insurance remains available for purchase as long as they are able to maintain their driver’s license and pay the premiums. If an elderly driver loses his driver’s license or stops driving on his own yet wants to keep the car for a caretaker to drive him around in, he should contact his insurance and add the new driver to the policy. Many automobile insurance companies recognize this scenario and can help the elderly driver maintain his insurance protection.
It’s not as if one were trying to insure a teen driver, but rates for older drivers climb steadily once a person reaches the mid 60’s. The rates rising is not always bad news, for at times those rate hikes prevent troubled senior drivers from staying on the road. In general the majority of aging parents are safe accident-free drivers.
However, the consensus of opinion is that seniors suffer from slowing response times, slower decision-making and of course, losses in clarity of vision, muscle strength, hearing, and even experience drowsiness due to medications taken. It’s important to realize however, that not all aging drivers fit into this little descriptive box.
Another study confirmed that aging drivers, especially in their upper 70’s through their 80’s had definitively lower and lower amounts of accidents. When rates go up, for some reason rates stay that way for many of years. Has a senior’s insurance come down in price? No.
Rental Car Insurance Restrictions
Rental car insurance companies do sometimes place age restrictions affecting both young and elderly drivers on who may drive their rental cars and purchase rental car insurance. Make sure to check to see if these age restrictions affect you.
Teenage Driving Restrictions Decrease Teenage Accidents
- The Discounted car insurance, however, comes with a catch. People between the age of 18 and 25 won’t be able to drive their vehicles between the hours of 11pm and 6am.
- The initiative called Drive Time will restrict young people from driving late at night in a bid to cut car accidents and could save drivers 40% on their standard motor insurance premium.
- More than will be able to trace vehicles with a device fitted free of charge into customer’s cars, which sends messages to More Than whenever the engine starts or stops.
- Drive Time could potentially cut down the costs of insurance premiums and save young drivers from shopping around for the best cheap car insurance deals.
- High accident rates for young drivers on the roads at night are a major issue and many insurances companies have been working for some time to come up with a solution to reduce these driving hazards.
- Drive Time provides a fantastic way for young, safe drivers to avoid being on the roads at the most dangerous times and can also save them a significant amount off their insurance.